What Is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive?
When you get behind the wheel of a new Mercedes-Benz vehicle equipped with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC all-wheel drive, you’ll be able to navigate Niagara roads with the confidence that goes along with more control and more traction, even during snowy, icy winter conditions. This advanced all-wheel-drive system offers the following advantages to drivers:
- Better grip during inclement weather conditions, including rain, sleet, and snow
- Improved fuel economy
- Automatic power distribution to the wheels that can use it best
Read on to learn about the mechanics of 4MATIC all-wheel drive, as well as what the different versions of 4MATIC all-wheel drive are!
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive Mechanics
How does the 4MATIC all-wheel system work for Niagara-on-the-Lake drivers? It enhances your driving abilities in four different ways:
- The power sent to your car’s tires directly affects your ability to brake, accelerate, and steer smoothly. By expanding the power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four wheels, the 4MATIC all-wheel system maximizes the force that can be sent to the road.
- When you’re taking a corner, the outer wheels use a longer path than the inner wheels, causing them to rotate at different speeds. 4MATIC monitors the wheel spin, ensuring it is running soundly.
- Loose gravel, ice patches, or a sudden rainstorm can alter the road surface in Pelham, lessening your grip and traction. Thankfully, the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC AWD system monitors such conditions and automatically adjusts the brakes and engine output to account for them, working in tandem with an electronic traction system to keep you in control.
- 4MATIC all-wheel drive sends varying amounts of torque to each wheel when you’re driving in high-performance conditions, maximizing your handling and confidence as you head down the road.
What Are the Different Versions of 4MATIC All-wheel Drive?
There are three Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC AWD systems that can appear on Mercedes-Benz models. Take a moment to explore the differences between these three systems:
- Permanent 4MATIC All-wheel Drive: This system can be found on the Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and other models. It continuously supplies all four of your wheels with a steady, evenly divided stream of torque for consistently superior handling.
- Variable 4MATIC All-wheel Drive: This system can be found on the Mercedes-Benz GLA SUV, CLA coupe, and E-Class. It shifts between FWD and AWD as needed, allowing you to reap the benefits of AWD on slippery roads and the efficiency of FWD on more tractable terrain.
- 4MATIC All-wheel Drive: This system intelligently monitors your wheels for slippage and sends torque to your wheels as needed, which allows for the consistently sharper handling of permanent 4MATIC AWD, with the better efficiency of variable 4MATIC AWD.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Are Available with 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive?
The 4MATIC all-wheel system is available on numerous Mercedes-Benz models, including popular options like the A-Class Sedan, C-Class Sedan, and the GLE SUV:
- Mercedes-Benz A 220 4MATIC Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 4MATIC Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC SUV
Interested in a Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicle? Many of these models offer their own version of 4MATIC all-wheel drive, like AMG Performance 4MATIC.
Find a Vehicle with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive at Performance Mercedes-Benz
The extensive new, used, and certified pre-owned inventories at our Grimsby area showroom include an outstanding selection of 4-MATIC AWD-equipped Mercedes-Benz models. Contact us to schedule an appointment today, and don’t forget to take a look at our latest new vehicle offers!
More From Performance Mercedes-Benz
Shopping around Niagara for a roomy, lavishly appointed luxury SUV that features a long list of customization options? Then, check out the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC interior, from the Mercedes-Benz GLC interior dimensions to the Mercedes-Benz GLC interior colours to the Mercedes-Benz GLC interior features and beyond. Then, once you’re done reading, complete a secure finance…
Are you shopping for a luxurious, high-performance crossover that’s manoeuvrable for your Niagara commute, but stays true to its SUV roots by providing plenty of legroom? Then, consider the Mercedes-Benz GLA. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA interior dimensions are exceptionally roomy and, what’s more, the cabin is outfitted with advanced driver assistance features and premium…
If you’re shopping for a truly luxurious high-performance sedan near Niagara, you’ll want to take a moment to explore the 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class interior features and 2022 Mercedes-Benz dimensions. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class features a truly roomy cabin outfitted with premium materials, advanced technologies, and luxurious amenities. Learn more with Performance Mercedes-Benz. Then, fill out a…